- Admission into various degree programs whether undergraduate or post graduate level in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is taken via Common Entrance Test (CET).
- Minimum age should be 17 years as on the 31st December of the year of exam.
- Candidate must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks and 40% in case of SC/ST candidates.
- Date of Common Entrance Test for MBBS (Stage–I) will be April, 2016.
- Date of CET for MBBS (Stage–II) will be May, 2016.
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is established by the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi under the University Act 1998. GGSIPU imparts education in wide array of disciplines. The IP University is accredited by NAAC and given ‘A’ grade.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMMC) in association with Safdarjung Hospital was established at Safdarjung Hospital by the Government of India in November, 2001 and the college is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
The course of studies leading to the award of degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) shall be minimum of 4½ years followed by one year compulsory rotational Internship in GGSIPU. The entrance test for this course is conducted in 2-stages, i.e. Stage-I & Stage-II.
Important Dates for IPUCET (MBBS) 2016 (Proposed):
|1.||Last Date for submission of CET application form is April, 2016|
|2.||Date & Time of CET for MBBS (Stage–I): April, 2016 (3 hrs.)|
|3.||Date of Declaration of Result of CET for MBBS (Stage–I): May, 2016|
|4.||Date & Time of CET for MBBS (Stage-II): May, 2016 (3 hrs.)|
|5.||Date of Declaration of Result of CET for MBBS (Stage–II): May, 2016|
Students from Delhi region or outer state preparing for IP University Common Entrance Test must go through eligibility criteria notification as given below.
|1.||Nationality- Candidate should be an Indian citizen. Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are not eligible.|
|2.||Age- Candidate should be of 17 (Seventeen) years as on the 31st December, 2016.|
|3.||Qualification- Candidate should have passed the 12th Class under the (10+2) Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (I. Sc.) or an equivalent examination of the recognised University/Board of any Indian State with PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY and ENGLISH (Core or Elective or Functional).|
|4.||Qualifying Subjects (Aggregate) – Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (Core or Elective or Functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% in case of SC/ST candidates, subject to availability of seat for these categories in the respective institutions).|
The subject wise distribution of questions and marks is as follows:
|Courses / Papers||Subjects / Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marks||Duration|
[CET Code: 103]
Stage – I
Stage – II
|Physics-50||1 – 50||3 x 50 = 150||-1||3 hrs.|
|Chemistry-50||51 – 100||3 x 50 = 150||-1|
|Botany-50||101 – 150||3 x 50 = 150||-1|
|Zoology-50||151 – 201||3 x 50 = 150||-1|
|MCQ||Total – 200||MM – 600|
Note: Each question shall carry three (3) marks. The medium of the tests will be English only.
The Admission Brochure-IV will be sale on all working days during normal Banking hours through the branches of Indian Bank.
Sale by Post-
Admission Brochure along with Application Form can also be obtained through registered/speed post. A request in this regard should be sent to the Joint Registrar (Academic), Administrative Block, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector 16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 along with the following:
- An application on plain paper, addressed to the Joint Registrar (Academic) requesting to issue Admission Brochure-IV (MBBS Programme). The application should clearly mention the name and the address of the applicant;
- A Demand Draft drawn in favour of Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, payable at Delhi. The name, address and phone number of the applicant should be clearly mentioned on the back side of the Demand Draft/Pay Order;
- A self-addressed envelope of size not less than 24cms x 30cms.
Submission of Application Form-
The applicants are advised to retain a photocopy of the duly filled-in Application Form before the same is submitted to the University.
The Application Form complete in all respects in the sealed printed envelope given along with Admission Brochure-IV, should be submitted by hand at the University counter or it may be sent by Registered/Speed Post to the :
Controller of Examinations,
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University,
Sector-16 C, Dwarka,
Number of Seats in various Institutions
The seat matrix for academic session 2015-16 may change depending upon directions of the Govt. of India, which shall be notified on the University website www.ipu.ac.in before start of counselling/ admissions.approximately total number of seats is 150
Joint Registrar (Academic),
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University,
Sector 16 C, Dwarka, NewDelhi-110075
Tel.: +91-11-25302170, Fax. +91-11- 25302111