UPSEE entrance exam is one of the most popular and state level exam which is conducted by Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) for admission various courses such as B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharm/BHMCT and 2nd year B.Tech etc. Every year a huge number of candidates are appear in this entrance exam and tried to give their best. Those candidates who want to appear in this exam they must fill the online application form UPSEE.
The UPTU (Uttar Pradesh Technical University) (which is now known as AKTU) is also known as UPSEE Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE). The exam is held for the candidates belonging to the state of Uttar Pradesh, interested in Engineering UG/PG Programs.
Uttar Pradesh State Technical University (UPTU) conducts Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) to offer admissions to aspirants in professional courses which are available at the university along with institutes that are affiliated to the University. UPSEE is a state level entrance exam wherein candidates can secure admission at government aided as well as private unaided institutes that are affiliated to UPTU along with some other state universities of Uttar Pradesh.
Candidates are offered admissions in programmes such as BTech (engineering), BTech (agricultural engineering), BArch, BPharma, hotel management as well as fashion & apparel design (1st year as well as lateral entry in 2nd year) through UPSEE exam. Candidates can even secure admissions in post graduate dual degree courses such as MBA, MCA, MAM along with lateral entry in MCA programmes through this state level entrance examination.
- Availability of Application Form: January
- Last date to fill Application Form Online: March
- Admit Card download date: April
- Last date to contact authorities in case of difficulty in downloading admit card: April
- Date of Examination – April
- Answer Keys availability : April
- Result date – On or before 30th May
- Counselling date – Fourth week of June to first week of August
- Candidates are eligible to apply for admissions into this course through UPSEE exam if they:
- Have completed their 10+2 or intermediate exam from UP board or its equivalent from a recognised board or university with a minimum aggregate of 45% with physics and mathematics as subjects studied by them.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST quota need to secure an aggregate of 40% in their 10+2.
- Candidates should have secured this percentage without getting any grace marks from the state or central education board.
- Candidates should have studied one of the following subjects – Biology, Chemistry or Biotechnology as an optional subject.
Filling of Application Form shall be through Online.
UPSEE exam paper will have questions in multiple choice objective type format. The language of instruction in the question paper will be both Hindi as well as English.
The duration of UPSEE exam will be three hours for BTech programmes. But, the duration for BArch exam will be two and a half hours and for BHMCT/BFAD will be one and a half hours.
Applicants appearing for Bio-Tech engineering will need to give Paper-2 as well.
For every correct answer in UPSEE exam candidates will be awarded four marks. There is no negative marking in this entrance exam.However, a record of incorrect answers given by a candidate will be kept separately.
Different programmes will have different UPSEE exam pattern/structure. Some of the details regarding the exam pattern are as follows:
The question paper would contain 50 objective type questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics(150 questions in total). Candidates will be evaluated out of 600 marks.
The UPSEE question paper for this programme would contain 50 objective type questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics. Candidates will be evaluated out of 600 marks.
BTech Agriculture Engineering
The entrance exam question paper for this course would contain 150 objective type questions from the agriculture discipline. Candidates will be evaluated out of 600 marks.
The question paper would contain 50 objective type questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics. Candidates will be evaluated out of 600 marks.
The exam paper for BArch aspirants will be divided into two sections, that is, part A and part B. Part A would consist of questions from Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity whereas Part B would test the aspirant’s drawing aptitude. In this paper of UPSEE, candidates would be judged out of a total of 500 marks.
The exam paper for BHMCT/BFAD would contain 75 objective type questions testing the candidate’s general awareness. The maximum marks that a candidate can score for this entrance exam is 300.
Lateral Entry in BTech
The UPSEE exam paper would consist of 75 objective type questions testing the aptitude of diploma holders in engineering. In this paper, candidates would be judged out of a total of 300 marks.
Lateral Entry in BPharm
This exam paper of UPSEE would consist of 75 objective type questions testing the aptitude of diploma holders in pharmacy. In this exam, candidates would be judged out of a total of 300 marks.
UPSEE Syllabus will comprise of the following topics:
Section A – Physics:
- Motion in one dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Motion in two dimensions
- Work, Power and Energy
- Linear Momentum & collisions
- Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis
- Oscillatory motion
- Mechanics of solids and fluidsX
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Magnetism in Matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Ray Optics and optical instruments
- Wave Optics
- Modern Physics
Section B – Chemistry:
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics
- Acid – Base Concepts
- Colligative Properties of Solution
- Periodic Table
- General Organic Chemistry
- Preparation and Properties
- Solid State
Section C – Mathematics:
- Co-ordinate Geometry
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh INDIA: 226021
Phone: 0522 273 2193
The information and its analysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites.
UPSEE-2017 Paper Solutions (Set Wise)