NEET(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical entrance test regulated by the CBSE Board. It is held for providing admissions in MBBS/BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. It is a one tier exam, commences once in a year in month of May. From the year 2016 onwards, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. All seats (MBBS/BDS) of any medical/dental college will be filled by the score of NEET examination only. As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, no other exam except NEET will be held for offering admission into MBBS/BDS courses in India from the year 2017. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2017 including application form, exam dates.
NEET 2017 Application Form
- Aspirants can apply for NEET exam only through online process.
- The NEET Application Form 2017 will be available from the first week of December 2016.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form as per the given instructions.
- After filling the application form, candidates are required to send the confirmation page along with required documents to the address mentioned below:
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Nationality: Candidates should be an Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Age Limit:
Minimum – The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum – The maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Qualification: Students must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
- Percentage Criteria: Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
|NEET 2017 Application Form available||First week of December 2016|
|Last date to submit the application form (without late fee)||Last week of December 2016|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (without late fee)||Second week of January 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form (with late fee)||Last week of January 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee)||First week of February 2017|
|Admit Card Release Date||First week of April 2017|
|NEET 2017 Exam Date||First week of May 2017|
|Result Declared||First week of June 2017|
|NEET Counselling||After Result Announcement|