- The MGIMS, Sevagram is India’s first rural medical college.
- Age should be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The Candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually in each subject in first attempt.
- The candidate must have obtained minimum 50 % (40% for SC/ST/OBC) marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The Entrance Examination conducted by MGIMS to be held in April at Nagpur, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Allahabad and Kolkata.
Applications are invited on prescribed form for admission to MBBS course for current academic year. The candidates shall be selected as per their merit in the Entrance Examination conducted by MGIMS to be held in April, at Nagpur, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Allahabad and Kolkata.
Important Dates for MGIMS-Wardha
|1||Availability of Prospectus & Form: March|
|2||Last date of receipt of filled up application with Entrance Exam fee: March|
|3||Date of MGIMS Entrance Exam: April|
The following criteria shall be followed to appear in MGIMS-Wardha
|1||The candidate must attain 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.|
|2||The Candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system of Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Education Board or equivalent examination of any recognised Board or any Indian University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology individually in each subject in first attempt.|
|3||The candidate must have obtained minimum 50 % marks (40 % for SC/ ST/ VJ/ NT/ OBC) taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.|
|4||Those students who are going to appear in 10+2 Higher Secondary Board Examination in March / April are also eligible to appear in the competitive Entrance Examination.|
Note: The admission is subject to any direction given by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, Hon’ble Bombay High Court, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik and the Medical Council of India.
- The Entrance Examination shall consist of two papers viz., Paper-1 & Paper-2.
- The paper-1 of physics, chemistry and biology will have multiple choice questions.
- The paper-1 shall carry total 180 marks (60 marks for each subject).
- Duration of paper is 3 hrs.
- Each correct answer will be given one mark.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- The paper-2 based on Gandhian thought will be of long and short answer type.
- The Gandhian thoughts shall carry 60 marks and of 3 hours duration.
- The paper may be answered either in English or Hindi.
- The answer sheet will be provided for writing the answers.
|Paper||Subjects / Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marks||Duration|
|1||Physics||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO||3 Hrs.|
|Chemistry||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO|
|Biology||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO|
|2||Gandhian Thoughts||As per Paper||60||NO||3 Hrs.|
|MCQs & Essay Type||Total – 180+1||MM – 180+60|
The Prospectus and Application Form with syllabus, question papers of Gandhian thought for the last 6 years, with model question papers of Physics Chemistry and Biology can be had from the office of the Dean either by
- Paying the exam fee personally at the cash counter of Dean’s Office.
- Or by remitting the exam fee at any branch of State Bank of India by Challan (which can be downloaded from the Institute website www.mgims.ac.in).
- The Challan form is in three copies and the candidate has to send one original paid copy of the challan form to the “Dean, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, 442102” by speed post. The cost of application form is same for all the candidates.
- The fee structure in MGIMS is as applicable to the Govt. Medical Colleges in Maharashtra State. The Institute does not have any paid seats.
- Please visit website www.mgims.ac.in for updates.
- All admissions to MGIMS are strictly on Merit and therefore applicants are advised not to try and contact any outside agent or the college authorities / Personnel for seeking admission.
Reservation of Seats
- Total seats available for admission are 100.
- The permission for admitting 100 students has been given by Medical Council of India vide their letter no. – MCI-NO.37 (1-47) (UG)/2013-Med/15143 dated 20/06/13.
- The admissions on the increased seats are subject to the renewal of permission from Medical Council of India.
- Distribution of seats available for various categories (Link of Distribution).
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences
Maharashtra – 442012 India
Tel: 91-7152-284341 to 55 (15 lines )
The information and its analysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites.