JSTS (Junior Science Talent Search) Exam:
JSTS is conducted by Science Branch, Directorate of Education, Delhi. Junior Science Talent Search Examination eligible for those students who are studying in Delhi/ New Delhi/ under NCT Delhi in class IX standard can participate in this, only from their school, not individually. Students who have scored minimum 65% marks or above in class VIII are eligible for JSTS examination.
The Junior Science Talent Search Examination (JSTS) is conducted separately in each state and union territories of India by the respective state education departments. It is based on the lines of the National Talent Search Scheme/Examination (NTSS/NTSE). The first round of JSTS is written test.
Important Dates for JSTS:
- By post October (Expected – based on Previous Year)
- In person at IISc – October (Expected – based on Previous Year)
- Last date for closing of online application – October (Expected – based on Previous Year)
- Last date for receipt of the completed application (both Online/Hard Copy) – October (Expected – based on Previous Year)
All the Heads of Schools are requested to depute some responsible person along with the authority letter to collect the Application Forms and other related materials form the Science Branch on all working days 10.30AM to 3.30PM except Saturday & Sunday.
- Schools must ensure that their students must fulfill each criterion of JSTSE Eligibility Criteria in order to avoid problems at a later stage. The eligibility criteria for JSTSE is listed below:
- Student must be studying in CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board or an equivalent institution like Kendriya Vidyalaya, Navodaya Vidyalaya etc.
- Student must be studying in Class IX for the current academic session.
- Student must have secured at least 65% marks in his/her Class VIII.
JSTSE Exam Pattern
The Junior Science Talent Search Examination (JSTSE) consists of two papers. JSTSE Exam Pattern is as follows:
|Paper||Name||Number of Questions||Time Allotted (in Mins.)|
|2||General Science & Mathematics||150||150|
JSTSE will follow the same syllabus as CBSE/ ICSE/ State Board schools in Delhi. JSTSE Question Paper will cover topics studied by the students during their Class VIII and IX. Additionally, questions about current affairs can also be found in JSTSE.
JSTSE Application Form
JSTSE Application Form will be tentatively available in the month of November till the end of December. You can fill the JSTSE Registration Form online at the official website of the authority when they are available. Please follow this step by step procedure to fill the application form:
- Visit www.edudel.nic.in, the official website.
- Search for JSTSE in the search bar of the homepage.
- Select the first link from the search results.
- Click on “Online Application Form for JSTSE” link on the web page.
- Completely fill the application form and click the Submit button at the bottom of the web page.
Government of NCT, Delhi,
Directorate of Education, Science branch
Old Gargi Collage Building (behind LSR College)
Lajpat Nagar-IV, New Delhi-24.