- JIPMER is one of the leading Medical Institutions under Government of India which is spread over a sprawling 195 acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry.
- Duration of the MBBS course: 5½ Years including 1 Year of Compulsory Rotating Internship
- Number of Seats: 145+5* (*Exclusive for OCI/NRI) (Under Self Financing Scheme)
- The minimum age should be 17 years at the time of admission.
- Date of Entrance Examination: June, 2016 (Expected).
- Candidate must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually obtaining a minimum of 50% mark.
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) is also eligible to apply for admission.
JIPMER has been declared as an Institution of National Importance by a Parliamentary Act, i.e. JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. It imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super-specialty Medical Training through a working hospital with bed strength of 1500 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S., Degree Courses are offered in 32 various disciplines.
Important Dates for JIPMER 2016
|1.||Commencement of On-line Registration: March, 2016|
|2.||On-line Registration Closing Date : May, 2016|
|3.||Entrance Examination: June, 2016 (Expected)|
|4.||Expected date of declaration of results: 2nd week of June|
The following criteria shall be followed to appear in JIPMER 2014
|1.||Nationality: The applicant should be an Indian National.|
|2.||Age: Candidates have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S.|
|3.||Qualification: The candidate should have passed Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination, which is equivalent to (10+2) after a period of 12 years of studies. The last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and Mathematics.|
|4.||Subjects (Aggregates): The applicant must have passed in the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually obtaining a minimum of 50% mark. For OPH candidates in general category, the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination will be 45%. For SC/ ST/ OBC/ OPH candidates, the minimum marks in the qualifying examination will be 40%.|
Pattern of JIPMER Examination:
Jawaharlal Institute of Post graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) for MBBS entrance exam will consists of 200 single response type Multiple Choice Questions in the subjects of Physics-60Q, Chemistry-60Q, Biology-60Q, Logic & Quantitative Reasoning-10Q and English & Comprehension-10Q. Each correct response shall be awarded 1 mark. There is NO negative marking for wrong answers. Duration of test is 2 ½ hrs.
|Subjects / Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marks||Duration|
|Physics||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO|
|Chemistry||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO|
|Biology||60||1 x 60 = 60||NO|
|English & Comprehension||10||1 x 10 = 10||NO||2 ½ hrs.
|Logic & Quantitative Reasoning||10||1 x 10 =10||NO|
|MCQs||Total – 200||MM – 200|
Note: The candidate will indicate his/her response to the question by darkening the appropriate circle completely with BALL-POINT PEN will be provided in the hall by the Invigilator. The questions for JIPMER Entrance Examination will be based on the syllabus for XI & XII Standard as prescribed by the State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE.
How to get Application Form?
- The applications can be downloaded in the link http://jipmer.edu.in from the month of April.
- The applications are also available in the SBI branches across India.
- The applications can also be availed by sending a request through post along with demand draft.
- Transaction charges as applicable: Payment through Computer generated Challan Form in any branch of SBI.
How to Submit Application Form?
- Submission of applications through On-line only.
- Applicants are required to send the On-line printed form with the application number by post, duly completed in all respects along with Proof for payment/ Demand Draft. Copies of certificates duly attested, are to be enclosed wherever applicable.
- Only then, Hall Ticket will be issued to them. The hall tickets will be uploaded in the website which can be downloaded.
- Biometric fingerprint and image capturing will be done for all candidates during the Examination. Candidates will be required to go through similar biometric verification for being permitted to the counselling if selected for the same.
Reservation of Seats
Admission to M.B.B.S Course for 150 seats is through an Entrance Examination conducted by JIPMER at various centres once every year. Number of seats for MBBS by JIPMER is as-
|(B)||Other Backward Classes(OBC)||28|
|(C)||Scheduled Caste (SC)||16|
|(D)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11|
|(E)||Puducherry Unreserved (P-UR)||23|
3% reservation is entitled for OPH – (Orthopaedic Physically Challenged) candidates on horizontal basis out of the seats available as per their rank in the merit list. In addition, 4 seats are ear marked for the Central Pool Scheme by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India.
The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the periodic directives / decisions from Competent Authorities.
Faculty of Medical Sciences,
JIPMER, Dhanvantry Nagar, Gorimedu,
Telephone Exchange (key board) Lines: (0413) 2272380 – 90 (11 lines), 2272132, 2272181,
2272337, 2272339, 2272342, 2272738, 2272142(Casualty)
Fax: (0413) 2272067 (Director), 2272066(Dean), 2272735 (M.S.)