- Admission into the GGSIPU is done on the basis of the merit obtained by the candidate in the Common Entrance Test (CET).
- Candidates should not be more than 21 years.
- Candidate must pass in 12th Class or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately along with English.
- Date of Common Entrance Test for B. Tech (IPUCET Code-131): May
The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi established its first University with the name Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University under the University Act 1998. The Indraprasth University is accredited by NAAC and given ‘A’ grade. It imparts education in wide array of disciplines. It is a teaching and affiliating University with the explicit objective of facilitating and promoting studies, research and extension work in emerging areas of higher education with focus on professional education like – engineering, technology, management studies, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, education, law, etc. Admission into the GGSIPU is done on the basis of the merit obtained by the candidate in the Common Entrance Test (CET).
Important Dates for IPU-CET
|IPU CET online application begins||February|
|Deadline of IPU CET online application||May|
|Last date for Application of B.Tech Bio-Tech||May|
|IPU CET exam for B.Tech||May|
|IPU CET exam for B.Tech Bio-Tech||May|
|IPU CET result for B.Tech Bio-Tech||June|
|IPU CET Admit card||May|
|IPU CET Exam date||May|
|Declaration of IPU CET result||June|
The following criteria shall be followed to appear in IPU-CET
- Applicants must be citizens of India.
- Each applicant must have passed class 12th from a recognized board.
- A minimum aggregate of 55% is a prerequisite, while the applicant is required to have passed all subjects (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) separately.
- Applicants must have passed English subject (core/elective or functional).
|Subjects/ Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marking||Duration|
|Physics||50||4 x 50 = 200||-1||2:30 hrs.|
|Chemistry||50||4 x 50 = 200||-1|
|Mathematics||50||4 x 50 = 200||-1|
Note: The medium of the tests will be English only. Each question shall carry four marks. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. Candidates should bring a black ball point pen to the Examination Hall for writing/marking responses on OMR answer sheet.
IPU CET Exam Pattern
- Mode: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- The question paper will be asked in OMR pattern.
- Candidates are required to use only black ball pen to mark answers.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Negative marking will be done for wrong answers and for more than one answer to each question.
- No of Questions: The question paper will comprise in total 150 questions for all programmes (except B.Tech. Biotechnology).
- Total 200 questions will be asked for B.Tech (Biotechnology).
- Marking Scheme: The questions will be objective type and each question will carry four marks for each correct response.
- Duration: The exam duration will be two and a half hours (for B.Tech. Biotechnology, three hours exam duration).
- Language: The question paper language will be English.
IPU admission will be made according to the rank secured by the candidates in the merit list. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of choices filled by the candidates, rank on merit list and availability of seats. After seat allotment candidates have to pay the notified fee at the time of counselling/admission. In case candidates fail to pay the fee, the allotted seat will be given to the next candidate.
IPU-CET Application Details
- Candidates can fill application form for IPU CET in online mode only.
- In the application form, students need to fill their personal details, educational qualification details, address and communication details.
- All students will be required to choose exam category and exam center.
- There is no restriction on number of categories chosen by a candidate.
- For every category, candidates have to fill a separate application form and pay the prescribed fee.
- After filling in all the details, they will be required to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
- Once the documents are successfully uploaded, the system enters into the fee payment stage.
- Finally, candidates must take a printout of confirmation page generated upon successful fee payment for their own record.
- Candidates need not to send any document or application form by post to the university.
- All uploaded images/documents have to be in jpg/jpeg format. The page size of document is to be in A4 format.
Reservation of Seats
For Delhi Region Candidates, 85% seats are reserved i.e. those who have passed the qualifying examination from any school/ Institute located in Delhi or from any College/ Institute affiliated to GGSIP University. These seats will be filled up through the merit /rank list of the CET prepared for Delhi Region candidates.
15% seats are reserved for Outside Delhi Region Candidates.
B. Tech courses/streams offered by GGSIPU
|Sl.No||Name of the B. Tech Courses|
|1.||Computer Science Engineering|
|2.||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
|9.||Instrumentation & Control Engineering|
Controller of Examinations,
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector – 16 C, Dwarka,
New Delhi – 110075 (India)
Fax: +91-11- 25302111
The information and its analysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites.