- The Undergraduate course in Medicine at CMC-Vellore comprises of three stages. (i) The first stage of 12 months duration (ii) The next stage is of 18 months duration and (iii) The last stage is of 24 months duration.
- Minimum age should be 17 years at the year of Admission.
- Date of Preliminary test is last week of May.
CMC Vellore (Christian Medical College) is a Christian minority, educational college established in the year of 1900. It offers admissions to students in various UG, PG courses, diploma and doctoral courses in medical field (MBBS, Nursing, B.Sc, M.Sc, etc). Till the year 2016, it organized a series of entrance tests for admissions in different courses. But, from the year 2016, the admission to MBBS course is being done on the basis of NEET Score followed by an aptitude test set by CMC.
The Undergraduate course in Medicine at CMC-Vellore comprises of three stages. The first stage of 12 months duration consists of the basic sciences of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry. The next stage is of 18 months duration and comprises Clinical and Para-clinical subjects – Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine. The last stage is of 24 months duration and covers Ophthalmology, Oto-rhinolaryngology, Community Medicine, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
A block posting in Community Health is an integral part of each stage. Posting in mission hospitals and secondary care centers is a unique feature of medical education. The internship lasting for 12 months comprises of postings in Community Health, Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Child Health, Orthopaedics, Casualty and short electives in various specialties. All these are as per the guidelines of the Medical Council of India. The MBBS course is of four and a half (4 ½) years duration and is followed by one (1) year of Compulsory Rotating Residential Internship.
Important Dates for CMC-Vellore
Candidates may apply online at the CMC website http://admissions.cmcvellore.ac.in
|1.||Issue of Applications and Prospectus: February|
|2.||Last date for Online Application Submission: March|
|3.||Month of Preliminary Test: May|
|4.||Month for Interviews: June|
|5.||Month for Registration: June|
The eligibility criteria will be different for all courses offered by this college. The eligibility criteria of MBBS course is mentioned below:
- candidates must have a valid NEET score.
- Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.
- Candidates should score minimum 60% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (for general candidates) and 40% marks (for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates age must be 17 years as on 31st Dec 2017.
- Improvement marks in 12th will not be considered.
From the year 2016 onwards, CMC Vellore is organizing an aptitude assessment test to provide the admission to MBBS programme on the basis of NEET score. The syllabus of the test is from GeneralAbility and Speed & Accuracy. The pattern of said exam is given below:
- The exam will be conducted on CBT mode (Computer Based Test).
- The question paper will be asked in English language.
- The question paper will consist of objective type questions.
- For degree courses the exam has been divided into two parts.
- Section I will have 60 questions to be answered in 50 minutes and Section II (Speed and Accuracy) will have 60 questions to be answered in 20 minutes.
- The total exam duration will be 1 hours + 10 minutes.
- For diploma courses the question paper will contain 25 questions from PCB subjects and 15 questions from general ability.
Undergraduate Degree Courses (Group A):
- B.Sc Nursing
- Allied Health Sciences Degree
Diploma, M.Sc, MPH & Fellowship Courses (Group B):
- Allied Health Science Diplomas
- Post Graduate Diplomas,
- MPH (Master of Public Health)
- Fellowships courses
Application form is available ONLY online.
The basic administrative fee and registration fees – All UG degree courses for each course can be paid as follows:
- As a challan at no extra cost at any branch of ICICI bank in India. A challan will be generated when filling payment details in the application form. Please mention FC-CMC-V on the challan. (Send the original challan with the application form).
- Demand draft in favour of “C.M.C. Vellore Association a/c” on any Scheduled Bank, payable in Vellore. Keep your demand draft ready before filling the application form. Write your name and application number on the back of the demand draft before dispatching.
- Online payment using payment gateway
Instructions for Submitting the Application Form-
Please read the instructions carefully before filling the form.
- Fill the form online and click “submit”.
- Take a print out of the completed application form and the application confirmation form.
- Check the details for correctness.
- Make your PAYMENT by any one of the methods mentioned in the Application Process.
- Send in the completed form with the proof of payment and all the other required ENCLOSURES to the Office of the Registrar, CMC, Vellore 632002 to reach on or before the last date.
NOTE: Please note that while this entire application form is meant to be submitted online, should you get interrupted after you “submit” the “the basic information” or at “upload photo and signature”, you cannot go back to the earlier page. You have to go to main menu & follow the procedure to “Retrieve Application No.” print, complete and send the hard copy to the Registrar”.
Please keep your application number as ID and date of birth as Password to download your hall ticket from the website.
Reservation of Seats (Open for all States)
|1.||Open||16 (1 Central pool scheme, Govt of India and 3 SC/ST)|
Christian Medical College,
Vellore – 632002
Tel: 0416-2282066, 2004, 2604, 2626
Phone +91 – 416 – 2284255
Fax: +91 – 416 – 2262788
Christian Medical College
Ida Scudder Road, Vellore – 632004
Tamil Nadu, India
Tel: 0416-2222102, 2281000, 2286001, 3070000
Fax: 0416 – 2232035, 2232103nalysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites.