- Section 2(1) of the AMU Act says the university means “the educational institution of their choice established by the Muslims of India”.
- A candidate must obtain 50% marks in aggregate of four subjects.
- Candidate must be 17 years.
- Entrance Exam will be conducted in May(Expected).
Lord Lytton laid the foundation stone of the Mohammedan Anglo Oriental College on January 8, 1877. The establishment of MAO College marks one of the most important events in the educational and social history of modern India. It has 12 faculties comprising a wide spectrum of academic disciplines. One of them the Zakir Hussain College of Engineering and Technology is came under the Faculty of Engineering and Technology meant for engineering courses.
The following eligibility criteria shall be followed for admission in AMU
|1||Age: Not less than 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission.|
|2||Qualifying Examinations: Candidates must qualify Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination of this University.|
|3||Subjects (aggregate): At least 50% marks in aggregate of English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. OR Diploma in Engineering of this University with at least 50% marks in aggregate.|
There shall be one objective type paper of 150 marks comprising 150 questions on Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
|Sections||Subjects / Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marks||Duration|
|1||Chemistry||1-50||1 x 50 = 50||NO||3 Hrs.|
|2||Physics||51-100||1 x 50 = 50||NO|
|3||Mathematics||101-150||1 x 50 = 50||NO|
|MCQs||Total –150||MM – 150|
The eligibility criteria for different courses of AMU is discussed below:
- Only Indian national can apply.
- Diploma Courses – Maximum Age Limit 19/21 years
- Graduate Courses – Maximum Age Limit 24 years
- Postgraduate Courses – Maximum Age Limit 27 years
- PG Diploma Courses – Maximum Age Limit 29 years
- MBBS/BDS Courses – Minimum 17 years as on 31st December
- Only NEET appearing candidates can apply.
- Candidates have to completed senior secondary School certificate examination or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects
- Candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
For B.Sc (Hons.):
- It must be required for the aspirants to pass Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination or its equivalent examination with minimum 55% aggregate in English & three subjects from amongst Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics.
For B.A. (Hons.):
- Minimum educational qualification required is Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent examination from the recognized University with minimum aggregate of 50% marks in English and in any three of the subjects from amongst Accountancy, Arabic, Banking, Biology, Biotechnology, Business Organization, Business Studies, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Economics, English, Fine Arts, Geography, Hindi, History, Home Science, Islamic Studies, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Physical Health Education, Physics, Political Science/Civics, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Urdu and modern Indian Languages.
For M.Sc (Biotechnology):
- Those who have completed their bachelor degree in 10+2+3 education pattern with Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences or with Chemistry are eligible to apply for this course.
- If the candidates possessing B.Tech, MBBS or B.Pharma degree with at least 55% marks then he/she is eligible to apply.
- Sc degree holders or those who have passed their M.Sc (1 year) with 55% marks are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum qualification of Bachelor’s degree with 50% aggregate marks is required to apply for this course.
For B.Tech and B.Arch:
- The qualification eligibility required for this course is Senior secondary School Certificate of this University or an equivalent examination passed with 50% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Those who have successfully completed Diploma in Engineering with minimum aggregate of 50% marks are also eligible to apply for both the courses.
- Must have passed Senior Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent examination with 50% marks in aggregate.
- The candidate wants to apply for this course should not have the age more than 22 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
For Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate of this University or an equivalent examination passed with 40% aggregate marks in any one of the following subjects:
Science/Arts stream with English Core/English Elective
Health care science in vocational stream only
- Age limit must be in between 17-35 years as on or before 1st September of the year of admission. No age criteria for ANM candidates.
Note: The Age limit will not be applicable in the Faculty of Medicine/Unani Medicine and for foreign nationals/NRIs.
Reservation of Seats :
As per Government of India rules, candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria.
Total 365 seats for B. Tech including various branches
AMU Exam Pattern
Here, we have mentioned the examination pattern course-wise and is as follows. The medium of all the test should be English except where a question paper is set in a language other than English.
For B.Tech Course:
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be three hours.
- Type of Question: The question paper will objective type.
- No. of Questions: Total 150 questions will be asked in examination.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be given to the candidates for correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no process of negative marking.
- Subjects: The question paper will comprised of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
For B.Sc (Hons) Home Science (Agricultural Sciences):
There will be one question paper contains 100 objective type questions and includes the following sections:
|VI||Home Science (Agr. Sciences)||25|
First three sections are compulsory while there will be choice for the candidates to attempt only one section from the last three sections. It has the time duration of 2 hours.
For B.A. (Hons.):
The question paper will contain 100 multiple choice questions and is divided into the following sections:
|Indo-Islamic Culture and Aligarh Movement||25|
|General Awareness and Current Affairs||40|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||10|
The time allotted to the candidates to answer the questions will be 2 hours.
For B.Com. (Hons.):
It is the 2 hours duration examination. The question paper has 100 objective type questions separated into the following components:
|Elementary Mathematics and Statistics||10|
|Reasoning and Numerical Ability||10|
It has 2 papers contains equal marks weightage and the time duration for both the papers will be 2 hours. Paper-1 will be common with B.Tech applicants. Paper-2 is the architecture aptitude test that contains descriptive questions and test of drawing. It must be necessary for the candidates to secure 40% marks then only he/she will be eligible for the selection. For both the papers, the time duration will be 3 hours.
For Diploma in Engineering:
It contains 100 objective type questions with the following breakup:
|Science (Physics and Chemistry)||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge||10 Marks|
|Indo-Islamic Culture||10 Marks|
It has the time duration of 2 hours.
There will be 75 objective type questions (75% weightage) and 25 short answer type questions (25% weightage) and will be divided in General English, Current Affairs/General Knowledge (with emphasis on legal issues), Reasoning and Aptitude. It has the time duration of 2 hours.
There is only one objective type paper of 200 marks and contains 200 questions on Environmental Awareness, Quantitative and Numerical Ability, Comprehension and Verbal Ability, Reasoning and Intelligence, Data Analysis and Interpretation. It has the time duration of 3 hours.
Note: The additional time to the extent of 25% of the test duration will be provided to the blind candidates. Such candidates are provided with the scribe but these candidates have to submit the written request for the same before 7 days of the examination.
AMU Entrance Exam Dates
|Courses||Last Date||Test Date|
|Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery||February||April|
|MBA /MBA (IB)/PG Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance||February||May|
|BA (Hons.)Foreign Languages||February||May|
|SSSC (Science Stream) & Diploma in Engineering||March||May|
|SSSC (Humanities & Commerce Streams)||March||May|
|Diploma Courses through CET||March||May|
|MA (Mass Communication)||March||May|
|BUMS||–||Through NEET but candidate shall have to appear to qualify urdu test to be conducted by AMU at Aligarh.|
|MBBS/ BDS||–||Through NEET but only candidates who will register Online will be considered for Admission.|
|MD/MS/ PG Diplom Courses||February||Through NEET but only candidates who will register Online will be considered for Admission.|
|MDS||February||Through NEET but only candidates who will register Online will be considered for Admission.|
Office of the Controller of Examination
Aligarh Muslim University,
Aligarh-202002 (UP) INDIA
Phone: 91-571-2703038, 2700922 1109 (Extn.)
The information and its analysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites.