- Aligarh Muslim University was established by Syed Ahmed Khan in the year 1875.
- Candidate must be 17 years old at the time of exam.
- A candidate should obtain 50% marks in aggregate.
- Entrance Exam will be conduct on April & June
- There shall be a Combined Admission Test for admission to M.B.B.S. and B.D.S.
About AMU (MBBS):
This Mohammedan Anglo Oriental (MAO) College gained the status of a full-fledged University in the year 1920. Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Medical Entrance Exam is conducted for the admission of students to the MBBS and BDS courses. Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Medical Entrance Exam is generally held in the end of May. Duration of the course is 4 ½ years.
Important Dates for AMU (MBBS)
|1.||Last Date of Receipt of Application Form: 2nd Week of February|
|2.||Date of Test: 2nd Week of April|
The following criteria shall be followed to appear in AMU (MBBS)
|1||Age: Not less than 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission.|
|2||Qualifying Examinations: Candidates seeking admission to the MBBS and BDS course should have passed the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination of this University|
|3||Subjects (aggregate): Minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, BIOLOGY and ENGLISH.|
There shall be one objective type paper of 200 marks comprising 200 questions on four subjects’ like-
|Subjects / Types||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Negative Marks||Duration|
|Physics||1-50||1 x 50 = 50||-1||3 hrs.
(10:00 am – 1:00 pm)
|Chemistry||51-100||1 x 50 = 50||-1|
|Biology||101-200||1 x 100 = 100||-1|
|Objective type questions with equal weightage to PCB||Total – 200||MM – 200|
- The candidates should secure at least 50% marks in the Admission Test to become eligible for selection procedure.
- Selection will be through Admission Test.
- Filling of Application Form shall be through ONLINE only.
- Form must be submitted to Admission Section, Office of the Controller of Examinations, AMU, Aligarh – 202002.
Candidates applying for M.B.B.S. can also apply for admission to B.D.S. on the same Application Form without paying any additional Admission Test Fee. They should clearly indicate in their Application Form their choices in order of preference. Selected candidates will have to go through medical fitness examination before completing the admission.
Reservation of Seats (Open for all States)
|1||150 seats for MBBS (145 + 5 seats of NRIs)|
|2||40 seats for BDS (35 + 5 seats of NRIs)|
Office of the Controller of Examinations,
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU),
Aligarh – 202002
Website URL: www.amu.ac.in
The information and its analysis given over here are based on various press releases/ notifications/ information bulletin available on authentic websites.