- AIIMS is one of the most prestigious institutions in India. AIIMS Exam is held for the admission of students to the MBBS/BDS course offered by the institution.
- Age must be 17 years at the time of Entrance exam.
- 60% marks in aggregate in 4 subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for General and 50% marks for SC/ST/OPH category are required for AIIMS test.
- Candidates should NOT bring cell phone, pager, calculator or any kind of electronic gadgets etc. to the examination hall.
- Do not submit any document – original or photocopy with the application.
The dreams of Jawaharlal Nehru and Amrit Kaur and the recommendations of the Bhore Committee converged to create a proposal which found favor with a generous grant from New Zealand under the Colombo Plan made it possible to lay the foundation stone of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in 1952. The AIIMS was finally created in 1956, as an autonomous institution through an Act of Parliament. The institute aims at providing high standard of medical education and is an institution of national importance.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) was finally established in 1956 and it conducted entrance test for the admission of students to the MBBS/BDS courses. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences shall last for a minimum of 5½ academic years including one year’s compulsory internship. The AIIMS, New Delhi is a residential University in which the faculty members, staff and the students live on campus. There are 8 hostels for undergraduate students (6 for boys and 2 for girls) with a capacity to accommodate 850 students.
Objectives of AIIMS
- To develop a pattern of teaching in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all its branches so as to demonstrate high standard of medical education to all medical colleges and other allied institutions in India.
- To bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of the personnel in all important branches of the health activity.
- to attain self sufficiency in postgraduate in medical education.
Functions of AIIMS
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in medical and related physical biological sciences.
- Nursing and dental education
- Innovations in education.
- Producing medical teachers for the country.
- Research in medical and related sciences.
- Health care : preventive, promotive and curative; primary, secondary & tertiary.
- Community based teaching and research
Important Dates for AIIMS
|Starting of Online registration||3rd week of February|
|Last date for online registration||3rd week of March|
|Status of Registration||Last week of March|
|Last date for complying with deficiencies in application||2nd week of April|
|Release of Admit card||1st week of May|
|Exam date||Last week of May|
|Announcement of Result||2nd week of June|
|Counselling – 1st Round||1st – 2nd week of July|
|Counselling – 2nd Round||1st week of August|
|Counseling – 3rd Round||1st week of September|
|Open counselling||Last week of September|
The following criteria shall be followed to appear in AIIMS
|1.||Nationality: He/ She should be a Citizen of India.|
|2.||Age: The candidate should have attained the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on 31st December of the year of admission and above.|
|3.||Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed 12th Class examination under 10+2 Scheme or an equivalent examination of a recognized Board with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY.|
|4.||Subjects (aggregate): Candidates who have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in 4 subjects of ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY are eligible for AIIMS test. For SC/ST/OPH candidates 50% marks in aggregate.|
Pattern of AIIMS Examination:
The distribution of questions and marks is as follows:
|Subjects / Types||No. of Questions
|Physics||60 (40+20)||1 x 60 = 60||1/3||3:30 Hrs.|
|Chemistry||60(40+20)||1 x 60 = 60||1/3|
|Biology||60 (40+20)||1 x 60 = 60||1/3|
|G. K.||20||1 x 20 = 20||1/3|
|Multiple choice and reason-assertion type questions||Total – 200||MM – 200|
Distribution of Type of Questions – MCQs 140
Reason Assertion: 60* [*All subjects except General Knowledge]
Application Procedure and Fees
(Online and off line mode subject to availability of candidates in a particular centre.)
- The application fee can be paid either through online (credit/debit card/net banking) or offline (through SBI e-challan).
- The applicants are advised to keep the copy of payment receipt for further reference.
- The application fee structure is as follows:
|General & Other Backward Classes [Both Creamy and Non-creamy Layers]||Rs.1000/-||As Applicable||Rs.1000.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs.800/-||As Applicable||Rs.800.00 + Transaction Fees (as applicable)|
How to obtain Prospectus-cum-Application Form?
Through On-line: A candidate can submit application online through website: www.aiimsexams.org. The candidate can pay fee through challan in any branch of SBI. The candidates are required to bring AIIMS copy of challan form at the time of Entrance Exam along with admit card and handover the same to the Invigilator failing which they will not be allowed to enter.
- The Prospectus-cum-Application Form can also be obtained by Speed post/Registered post by sending a crossed Bank Draft drawn in favour of the “ACCOUNTS OFFICER (Exams), AIIMS-MBBS-2014″. The Bank Draft should be payable at New Delhi. Envelope containing Bank Draft should write “REQUEST FOR APPLICATION FROM FOR MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION”.
- The Prospectus is available on AIIMS website: www.aiimsexams.org and must be read carefully by the applicants before applying.
Distribution of Seats
There are total 672 seats to be allotted in 7 participating AIIMS across the country. Out of 672 seats, 72 seats will be allotted to AIIMS Delhi and the rest 600 will be distributed to remaining 6 institutes of AIIMS. The distributions of seats are as follows:
|AIIMS & location||UR||OBC||SC||ST||Total|
|Total No. of seats||337||181||101||53||672|
Overall 672 seats are available in all AIIMS in India.
|Some basic concepts of chemistry|
|States of matter|
|Classification of elements and periodicity in properties|
|Equilibrium in physical & chemical processes ionic equilibrium|
|Solid state chemistry|
|General principles & processes of isolation of elements|
|D and f block elements|
|Some basic principles of organic chemistry|
|Purification & characteristics of carbon compounds|
|Organic compounds with functional group containing halogens (X)|
|Organic compounds with functional group containing oxygen|
|Organic compounds with functional group containing nitrogen|
|Chemistry in everyday life|
Biology (Botany and Zoology)
|Diversity in living world|
|Cell- the unit of life/structure/function|
|Genetics and evolution|
|Structure and function- plants|
|Structure and function- animals|
|Reproduction/growth/movement in plants|
|Reproduction and development in human|
|Ecology and environment|
|Biology and human welfare|
|Biotechnology and its applications|
|Introduction & Management|
|Description of motion in one dimension|
|Description of motion in two and three dimension|
|Laws of motion|
|Work, energy and power|
|Heat and Thermodynamics|
|Thermal and Chemical Effects of currents|
|Magnetic effects of current|
|Electromagnetic induction and alteration currents|
|Ray optics and optical instruments|
|Electrons and photons|
|Atoms, molecules and nuclei|
|Solids and semiconductor devices|
General Knowledge Syllabus
|Punch line of companies|
|Top officials of big companies|
|Major corporate events|
|Famous award and prizes|
|Books and authors|
For enquiries relating to Entrance Examination please contact:
Assistant Controller (Exams), Examination Section
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi -110608
Tel: 26589900, 26588500 Extn. 6421, 4499, 6422
Fax: 011 2658 8789
Website: http://www.aiimsexams.org/index.html or http://www.aiims.ac.in/index.html